3 day restricted use permit

A Restricted Use 3-Day Permit allows a person to operate an unregistered vehicle or a vehicle with a suspended registration from the present location of the vehicle to a specified destination. The Restricted Use 3-Day Permit is valid only for the following purposes only:

  • Emissions Testing
  • Vehicle Inspection
  • Application for Title and/or Registration
  • Vehicle repair to comply with Emissions or Inspection

The Restricted Use 3-Day Permit is valid only for these stated purposes. Travel for any other purpose, including commercial interstate movement, is strictly prohibited.
Customer Advisory: misuse of this permit is a violation of Arizona Revised Statutes, Title 28, Chapter 7, Article 16, subjecting the violator to civil and/or criminal penalties.

30 day general use permit

Who can obtain a 30-Day General Use Permit?

The current vehicle owner while arranging for one of the following:

  • Sale of their existing vehicle after the license plate/credit is transferred to a newly acquired vehicle; or
  • Repairs needed for the vehicle to pass an emissions test.

NOTE: If the vehicle is sold, the new owner must obtain registration in the new owner’s name and transfer title within fifteen (15) calendar days from the date of sale.


90 day permit

Who can obtain a 90 Day Permit?

  • An Arizona resident who does not have complete documentation for issuance of a title or registration may apply for a 90-day registration. This registration allows you to operate the vehicle while obtaining additional documentation. It may be purchased at Quick Stop Title and Registration 623-792-8088, or 9887 W Bell Rd.  When complete documentation is submitted, vehicle license taxes will be calculated, for the full year, back to the date of issuance of the 90-day registration.

90 day non resident permit

What is a 90 Day Non Resident permit?

A 90 Day Non-Resident Permit is a (paper) temporary license plate that is issued to an individual to allow them to drive their vehicle back to the state in which they reside.

Who can obtain a 90 Day Non-Resident Permit?

  • A non-resident who purchases a vehicle in Arizona and will be registering the vehicle in their home state regardless of whether the vehicle is driven or delivered out of state
  • An enrolled member of an Indian tribe, who resides on the reservation, purchasing a vehicle in Arizona for removal to an Indian reservation on which the vehicle will remain and will not be registered in arizona