What is an Instruction Permit?
Teenagers at least age 15 years and six months may be issued a graduated and/or motorcycle instruction permit. The recipient must be accompanied by a licensed driver who is at least 21 and occupies the seat beside the driver. These permits are valid for 12 months.
Graduated Instruction Permit Requirements
- The teen must be at least 15 years and 6 months old.
- The teen and parent must provide necessary application documents. See Driver License Information.
- The teen must pass written and vision tests.
- The teen must have a licensed driver who is at least 21 years of age seated in the front seat next to him or her at all times.
Instruction Permit Fees
Instruction permit without written test in office $35
- Teenage Arizona drivers who need to take the written driver test to get an Instruction Permit can now take that test online with appropriate supervision. Click here for link
Instruction permit with written test in office $55
- Birth Certificate (original or certified copy), or valid US Passport
- Social Security Card (or at least know the SS#)
- Document with applicants name and current address
- Parent(s) of child under 18 will be required to sign application
- Only one Natural/Adoptive parent if both biological parents are currently married
- Only one Natural/Adoptive parent with sole custody
- Both Natural?adoptive parents with joint custody
- Full legal guardian (Proof Required)