AriZona travel id

What is the new Travel ID?

The Arizona Travel ID is the credential that complies with the federal REAL ID Act of 2005. It is available as both a driver license and identification card. There is a gold star embedded in the card to show that the cardholder has provided added proof of identification to ensure the license or ID meets strict federal requirements.

For more information on the REAL ID Act, please visit the Department of Homeland Security website.

Note: Rules for international travel are unchanged, and a valid passport or equivalent will be required to travel outside the United States.


A useful link to verify if you have the correct documents can be found here or reference the list below.

One (1) Primary Identification Document

  • Birth Certificate
  • U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad (FS240,545 or DS-1350)
  • Unexpired U.S. Passport or U.S. Passport card
  • Permanent Resident Card/Resident Alien Card I-551
  • Unexpired USCIS Employment Authorization Document
  • I-94 form with an unexpired foreign passport and an unexpired U.S. Visa (excluding Visa Waiver program participants)
  • U.S. Certificate of NaturalizationU.S. Certificate of Citizenship

One(1) Social Security Document

  • Social Security Administration account number card 
  • W-2 Form (must have SS# on document)
  • SSA 1099 Form (must have full SS# on document)
  • Non SSA 1099 Form

Two (2) Proofs of Residency in AZ

  • 2 Utility bills, documents, or mail from a business, organization, or government agency that shows your name and physical residential address in the post office format


If your name is different from your primary document, you must show legal proof of name change. You must first change your name with the Social Security Administration (at least 24 hours prior)

  • Marriage License/ Certificate (Last Name)
  • Divorce Decree (Restored Last Name)
  • Court Ordered Name Change for:
    • An adult
    • A family
    • A minor child
  • Adoption Decree


Provide two forms of permissible name usage listed below. Customer cannot change the first name with these documents.

  • Drivers License, ID, or Instruction Permit issued by any State or US Territory
  • Social Security Card
  • US Military Active Duty/Dependant ID Card
  • US Armed Forces Driver License
  • US Department of Veterans Affairs Card
  • Medical Insurance ID Card (including AHCCCS)